Login or Register to make a submission.

Submission Preparation Checklist

As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
  • The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
  • The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
  • Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
  • The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
  • The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.

Author Guidelines

The Manuscripts

Manuscripts should be the result of original research that is good enough to make new contributions to the world of mathematics education. Authors are asked to submit their manuscripts electronically using the online submission procedure on Alifmatika: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Pembelajaran Matematika. The appropriate author must also certify that the manuscript is not being considered for publication in another journal. Note that editors will ignore submissions that don't follow this procedure.

Structure of the manuscripts

  1. Article titles in Indonesian/English cannot be more than 15 words. The title is printed in capital letters (center), with a font size of 15 points.
  2. The Name of the article author is listed without an academic degree, accompanied by the name and address of the institution of origin and email. First author, second author, third author, and so on are written sequentially from the name, institution of origin to email.
  3. Abstracts and keywords are written in two languages (Indonesian and English). The maximum length of each abstract is 100-250 words. The abstract contains the essence of the entire writing which is described clearly, intact, and completely. Keywords can be in the form of words or phrases and consist of 4-7 words/phrases.
  4. The Introduction section contains the background, the research context, the results of the literature review, the results of previous research (if any are related or further research), and the research objectives. All parts of the introduction are presented in an integrated manner in the form of paragraphs, with a length of 10-15% of the total length of the article.
  5. The Research Methodology section contains explanations in the form of paragraphs about the approach or type of research, data sources, data collection techniques, and data analysis that were actually carried out by researchers, with a length of 5-10% of the total length of the article.
  6. The Research Results section contains an explanation of the results of the analysis related to the research question. Every research result should be discussed. The discussion contains the meaning of results and comparisons with theories and/or similar research results. Length of exposure to yield and discussion of 75-85% of the total length of the article.
  7. Conclusion/Closing section contains research findings in the form of answers to research questions or the form of digest results of the discussion. Conclusions are presented in paragraph form.
  8. The use of supporting instruments (tables, diagrams) is accompanied by a source of reference or information.
  9. Bibliography and sources referenced should be consistent. This means that the bibliography contains only the sources referred to and vice versa. The literature used is primary sources in the form of research articles in journals or research reports (including theses, theses, and dissertations). As for citations and reference management, it is mandatory to use the Mendeley application or Zotero application. Items in the reference list must be organized according to the APA 7.0 style (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association). Composition of citations or references, as much as 80% comes from journals; the remaining 20% can be from books, magazines, or something similar. There are at least 27 references.
  10. The Manuscript Template (Manuscript Template of Indonesian Language) can be downloaded on the dashboard on this OJS.
  11. Copyright Transfer Form Alifmatika can be downloaded on the dashboard in the Copyright Notice section.


Privacy Statement

The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.